At Darlington Economic Campus, we’re thinking beyond the old ways of doing things. Bringing six government departments together, and working closer to the communities we serve. Where people from all over the UK can play an active role in shaping the future of the country. It’s central government, made more accessible to you.
Darlington Economic Campus highlights/overview
Campus at a glance
- Pioneering new cross-government hub
- Be at the heart of the big decisions, on the doorstep of the Yorkshire Dales
- All the benefits and opportunities of the civil service
- 6 departments working as one
- At least 750 roles will be based on campus
- Opportunity to develop an exciting career across multiple departments
- Well-connected Darlington ranked one of the best places to live in the UK
About the roles & career paths at DEC
Think beyond your current career path.
You don’t need experience in government or the civil service to join us. Our departments rely on people from all backgrounds, with transferable skills.
Our roles range from apprenticeships to senior leaders. Office support and analytics, to project management and policy-making. Plus many more besides. Whichever role you choose, you’ll be right at the heart of government. Helping us shape the nation, now and into the future.
About career development at DEC
Think beyond the usual development.
Develop further, faster. You’ll not only have access to career opportunities across a variety of different departments. You’ll benefit from talent programmes and networks that will keep you learning, growing and enjoying life to the full. With 6 departments on campus, and many more in the North East, there’s no end to your potential.
- HM Treasury
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
- The Office for National Statistics